We often think of first impressions from a decorating perspective when we are trying to sell our home. As a decorating company that offers exterior painting as a service, we often get the call to come and spruce up someone’s house before they put it on the market to hopefully try and sell it.
It’s all about kerb appeal but have you ever thought how as a business, this same type of appeal is just as important?
You only get one chance to impress a potential client.
Here’s Some Of Our Top Commercial Exterior Decorating Tips
- Preparation – First and foremost, have a good tidy up before you start to even think about decorating. It’s amazing how a good declutter can have a positive effect. Dead head plants, clear our planters, remove old promotional material, clear and sweep any public pathways, clean the windows.
- Brand & Signage – Does the exterior of the property clearly signal to your visitors who you are? Do you have a sign? If you have, is it up to date? Often, businesses don’t update things like signage when they update their brand but this can be very confusing to potential clients. Are you recognisable to passing trade with the appropriate colours and your logo?
- Keep it Fresh – This is our part where we can help. Applying fresh coats of paint to the exterior painted areas of your premises can really bring your business to life again. Nothing sends a more negative and unapproachable signal like graffiti and sad, peeling windows and door frames. Use contrasting colours for visual appeal will help your business really get noticed.
- Outdoor Areas – Make sure any outdoor space gets the same care and attention. Regularly do a litter pick if this is a problem. Don’t leave dead plants in borders. Better to have none than a border of unloved plants or, worse still, last year’s dead pansies!
- Create A Check List – Once you’ve paid all this attention to the exterior of your business premises it’s important and much easier to maintain if you keep on top of it and stay consistent. A simple check list will help you do this. Don’t stop it once you’ve started. It’s also a good idea to engage your employees if you have them. If everyone works together to project a positive image of your business then this promotes a happy working environment, too which any potential customers will like to see.
We offer competitive rates for all of our commercial interior and exterior painting projects and are backed by the CHAS accreditation scheme. We will provide you with a free, no obligation quote.
Please call 01642 860585 or get in touch via our contact form and feel free to ask for advice about your next decorating project.